Fire Prevention Officer Terry Davis will inspect each business facility on an annual basis. Violations found during the course of the inspections will be noted and reported to the responsible party. The violations shall be corrected in the allotted time given on the report.
Common violations are:
- Outdated or non-functioning fire extinguishers
- Non-functioning egress or exit lighting
- Improper locking mechanisms on exit doors
- Improper usage of extension cords
- Improper clearance around electrical equipment
- Non-functioning smoke detectors
- Storage too close to sprinklers or the ceiling
- Poor housekeeping practices
Please contact our prevention office to schedule an appointment, inspection, or with general questions. 740-393-9571 or email@example.com
To report any information regarding Arson or suspected Arson, please call our office immediately 740-393-9515 or the State Fire Marshal’s Office 1-800-589-2728.
To order a Knox Box entry system, please call the prevention office during normal business hours.
Leaking or faulty fire hydrants should be reported to the prevention office or the Mount Vernon Water Department.